Sunday, June 18, 2017

Babbel- Language Learning on the GO





This week I read about a new language-learning app called Babbel. Babbel focuses on real life language learning through conversation rather than typical textbook vocabulary and phrases. Since learning a new language take a dedicated amount of time to acquire, the use of Babbel allows user to practice their language skills in 10-15 minute lessons while on the go. The program features 14 different languages ranging from Spanish to Indonesian.


Babbel does not only teach vocabulary and conversation in the learned language, it  challenges the learner to test their speech again native speakers to teach more of  an authentic accent. Babbel combines authentic learning with convenience to make language learning more attainable and achievable in our busy lives. Find out more about Babbel here. 

4 comments:

  1. I like the idea of a conversational approach and the focus against native language speakers. I haven't heard of Babbel before, but based on your review, it certainly seems worth exploring. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a really great app! I wonder if the ESL teacher in my school knows about it, I will have to share with her as a resource. Thanks for the new app!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a great app! I will have to check it out and compare it to DuoLingo. I often show students different apps that they can use over the summer to continue practicing their fluency. I am surprised by how many students come back and tell me that they actually have been using the apps. I will have to add this one to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Babbel sounds like a great app. I find that learning a language comes much more fluidly when learning phrases in conversation rather than just memorizing vocabulary. This seems very similar to how Rosetta Stone works except you don't have to pay the high price for the software. Thanks for including the link. I will definitely look into this.

    ReplyDelete